Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lazy Saturday

(The above picture is from the ice festival a couple weeks ago. My camera is upstairs and I dont have the energy to go get new pictures off of it!)

So far it's been a lovely Saturday. Not a whole lot of cleaning this morning, a trip to Lowe's to get a new faucet, a stop a Target to find that they did not have black jelly beans (the horror!), and soon we will be going bowling with the children. The sun is out and its actually not bad out there considering the snow.


Last night we had new friends over for dinner. I met Tracie at Bailey's school this year and we actually have quite a few common interests. Her daughter is in B's class. It was a nice evening. Megan is still hitting though. She's going to find herself in a heap of trouble if she doesn't cut it out. I don't know where she is getting it from but it is NOT ok, I just don't know how to stop her. At dinner when she doesn't want to eat she looks at me and says "Megan go in time out" and punishes herself instead of having dinner. I've tried positive reinforcement. I would take something away but I don't know what to take since she doesn't really have a fav toy.


Tomorrow I am starting my running training. I pushed it off a week because I decided to run the Higgins Lake 1/2 marathon instead of the Sunburst. It will be more low key and easier for me as a first race I think. I still am consider the Chicago Marathon but I don't know. That's alot of people all packed together on the road. We will see if I even like the 1/2. Running may be something that I just keep to myself instead of running in large clumps of people.


Next weekend I'm going on my scrapbooking retreat. Very excited to enjoy some relaxing time with mom and friends. The hardest part is that my mom is coming down and the girls want to see her. I don't think Bailey realizes that she's coming or she prob would be throwing a temper tantrum about it by now. Speaking of Bailey that girl is reading! It's amazing. She has to bring these little books home and read them on mon, wed, and fri and she does an amazing job. I'm so proud of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment