Monday, March 15, 2010

they grow up so fast


This past weekend was the big scrapbook retreat. It was so nice. 8 women packed in a church camp house watching movies and scrapbooking...what could be better? I only completed 8 pages hahaha...I won a prize for my lack of accomplishment as well. At least I saw some movies that did not involve a certain Barbie and her 3 Musketeers or a small hispanic girl named Dora.
The layout above is one of the reasons I scrapbook. I tend to reflect alot when I see other people scrapbooking and see why they do it and what it means to them. Some people have a goal of getting pictures on paper. Some people like to try every technique one one page. I personally, like to remember little moments about my girl's childhood. I get crazy every now and then and break out the paints and dyes, but for the most part the pictures and stories are my focus.
A story that will be scrapbooked just as soon as I have a soccer picture...Bailey and I were in Target and I stopped to look at the soccer cleats selection. She took one look at them and said "but Mo-o-o-m, I don't want to wear those they are ugly. Don't they have pink ones?". My little princess, she's something else. She likes to play in the dirt but she prefers to do it while wearing a frilly dress and healed sandals!
Off to get some housework done. We have a new friend coming to play tomorrow, Morgan. I don't want her to run away frightened of our home. Kip did a great job of not letting them totally destroy the place, but it is far from "clean".
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment