Monday, June 18, 2012

2 months in



2 months in and I'm still unpacking. I am so close to being done. It's hard when it's HOT outside and the beautiful lake is calling. There are so many unexpected things that I'm slowly getting used to, things that I didn't think would bother me. And things that I thought would be an issue are not really at all.

The air conditioners and house fan. The heat does not bother me like I thought but the noise from all of the units running are driving me crazy. By the end of the day I cannot wait to shut everything off and have quiet. The constant buzzing everywhere takes some getting used to.

I'm noticing the lack of windows on the side of the house that we spend most of our time in. I'm thinking that if it is structurally feasible we will put windows in on either side of the fireplace some day. I find myself always wanting to be in the office because I can see outside.

There is a wall that separates where you walk in from the kitchen. It's a little strange to people first coming in. They don't know what way to go. I don't think there is anything we can do about it. I wouldn't mind opening up the doorways a bit wider so that there is less wall. This of course is a dream for 10 years from now :).

I cannot talk myself into picking up a paintbrush. We still have 2 rooms that need painting upstairs and two hallways. I think about it constantly but I just cannot bring myself to start.

Overall I'm happy with the house. Once it's closer to being finished I'm sure it will feel more like home. I still feel like we are living in someone else's house. I do know that we need rugs. The bedrooms echo terribly and little girl screeches are magnified!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment